Tuesday, April 22, 2008

And another year goes by undocumented

Having 2 kids has made gardening difficult. My free time comes in the evening, when Husband comes home from work, usually anywhere from 6:30 to 8:00 and I'm usually too tired to drag all my tools out by then. Weekends lately have been busy. So much to do, so little time.

"Baby" girl is now 4. And Baby boy has turned 1.

I had to hire someone to re-do the flower bed beside the driveway last summer. He spent several days with a hatchet and a RotoTiller and he carted away two pick-up trucks full of weeds and overgrowth. He laid sod where the beds used to be, but we kept one section as a small flower bed for the zebra grass, rose bushes, and misc. little decorations.

I have yet to get out there and play in the dirt this year. But, I shall be creating time to do it soon - for the sake of my aesthetics and my sanity. (It really is theraputic).

So no more empty promises. Pictures and updates coming soon. Cross my heart!

2 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Only the Half of It said...

So funny. Your last entry reminds me of my journal I used to keep. I think I'll blog about that. In high school I kept up with it almost daily, then over the years, one blank page journal could span YEARS with updates like: "Oh my god, I cannot believe how much time has passed since I last wrote in here...."

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger GardenVixen said...

Often, even with the very best of intentions, so much of what I originally intended to do falls by the wayside.

I need to stop letting myself get away with this. *Cracks whip*

(Watch, my next entry will be in, oh, 6 months!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home